The Lincoln County Historical Society/Museum is a private non-profit that is responsible for collecting, preserving, and exhibiting the history of the area and to educate the public about that history. As part of that effort, the museum preserves sixteen historic buildings provides rotating exhibits, and hosts several visiting speakers to bring new and exciting educational opportunities to the public. The museum is seeking a person who is passionate about history and providing a great experience for the visiting public to be part of this organization. A successful candidate will show aptitude for providing supporting office assistance to the Director, helping maintain artifact acquisition records & storage, coordinating with volunteers, and, as a team member, willingness to help where needed.
- Provides support to ensure efficient operation of office.
- Answers phone calls, schedules meetings, and supports visitors and volunteers.
- Carries out duties such as filing, typing, copying, binding, scanning, etc.
- Exhibits polite and professional communication via phone, e-mail, mail, and in person.
- Supports team by performing tasks related to organization and strong communication.
- Provides information by answering questions and requests.
- Maintains supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level, anticipating needed supplies, and communicating those needs to the Director.
- Coordinates with RSVP for scheduling front desk volunteers.
- Catalogs incoming and already acquired artifact donations.
- Assists in placing incoming and already acquired artifacts in proper storage containers.
- Places donated artifacts in storage.
- Cleans main museum building/restrooms/kitchen as needed.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Associates Degree or higher preferred but high school diploma or equivalent education required
- Knowledge of appropriate software including: Microsoft Office and Adobe Acrobat
- Experience working with volunteers and the public required
- Valid driver’s license and current automobile insurance
- SIMPLE IRA
- 20 hours a week
- $11.50 hourly
Include the following materials when applying for this position:
- Cover Letter
- Completed Job Application
Email or mail completed application packet to:
Lincoln County Historical Museum
c/o Jim Griffin
2403 N. Buffalo Bill Ave.
North Platte, NE 69101